Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by Gregor »

Gregor cocks an eyebrow towards the halfling and then glances between the two and their companions. Suddenly he chortles softly and slaps his knee. Aye miss you had me going there for a minute! I walked through that door into another world is it? I've no much coin for such entertaining stories but it's certainly brought a smile to me face for which I thank ye! What was it you said you were drinking? Mead was it? I think I'll be trying a few of those after me stout! Please I would love to hear more, Gregor remarks with an engaging grin.
tarlyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by tarlyn »

"Hi" Del says to Gregor rather weakly. "Well met. I Just arrived here myself from

Waterdeep. Seems like it is as she says, mists brought us/we/you here. Please don't mind my condition, I am just suffering

from revenge syndrome, heh, let's just leave it at that, shall we? I am Del by the way."
"Killing means never having to say you're sorry"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Little backtrack)

"That is scandalous, truly so! Poisons are cowardly dirty things that are a stain on ones honour!" Karl exclaims in anger, his fist clenching as he speaks.. He rises to support Del down the stairs holding her until he leaves her in Elsa's hands and heads off to.join the others.

-----

As.Gregor joins them he rises once more, pausing to clap Mira's last few notes before walking to face the.newcommer.. his bearing is rigid as he strides forward marveling that Elsa seems to know this man's origin.

"She speaks the truth, on my Honour. You are in another place. How, and why I have no idea."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira raises her head, collecting any coins that may have been deposited (which she gives to Sabrina along with a kiss on the cheek). Lute in one hand and The Blondes hand in the other she crosses the distance across the bar towards him.

"I take it you'll need a room too?" She ask with a knowing smile, her red hair bouncing around as she approaches, the skimpy top nicely accenting her features. "Shall we all join the others at the table and you can tell us your story. Del are you feeling better? I was going to check on you."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

Gregor appears a bit confused by the apparent candor of the group regarding his location. Too much of a stretch for a joke, he thinks. Thanks to you all for the sincere greetings and well met. I am Gregor. This story sounds quite amazing. No disrespect but I'm just going to pop my head back outside and see it for myself. Gregor starts back to the entrance to take a look for himself expecting a rousing chorus of laughter once he does so.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Elsa smiles sadly, Unfortunately, you probably crossed over long before finding the inn. For... well for most of us I think it happened when we encountered something in the mist... something dark... sinister, eve...
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

Hearing Elsa's comment, Gregor hesitates on his way to the door thinking back to the earlier encounter with Sige. It had been almost surreal in its occurrence. Continuing, a quick look outside the entry fails to reassure him that all is well though there is no obvious change from when he entered just minutes before. He hears no sounds from outside but also no laughter from the gathered group. Returning to the table, Gregor retakes his seat and manages a weak cough. Glancing at the halfling, he drains half the pint before him and begins. I'm still no convinced of all this but I was the victim of a rather fell set of circumstances earlier - set upon in an encounter I scarce believe. If what you say is true, it will be laid bare in tomorrow's light. Nodding at the red haired performer, he continues. I've nowhere special I need be tonight so I believe I will take that room. Gregor pauses to dig into the stew and finish his drink, giving himself time to think on the best way to continue the story.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Sabrina takes a look at the numbers and rather than get herself in the way she starts to collect loose chairs, arranging them around the table while the others talk.

"Je suis euh.." She nudges Mira, talking an a language unfamiliar to Gregor. "Je me sens un peu euh… exposé. Je vais nous trouver quelque chose à cacher." She adds, squeezing MIra's hand.

"C'est très bien, chérie, prends ce que tu veux sur le lit." Squeezing her hand in return the Redhead kisses the blondes cheek. "Get Del a pillow." She adds in Elven. The Blonde pauses, takes a moment then nods.

"Of course." She replies in Elven.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Sadly Elsa is right. Mira." She adds, realising she hadn't said her name. "Apart from Merrick I guess I've been here the longest, which is... Helpful I guess." Her eyes go to the stairs, watching the Blonde as she departs. "As we appear to have seats thanks to the lovely Sabrina please, come and sit." Ensuring Del was comfortable she sits next to Elsa, her lute carefully set beside her.

"Its strange, when I arrived here I had dreams, some of them showed me people like Elsa and I knew who they were, others were blurry.." She shakes her head, folding her arms across her chest that only serves to accent it more. "So, as far as we can work out we are in another place, but its not really a place.. more like what was it..? My mind wants to say its like an Island. Sort of floating and you can only get here through the mist. There are creatures here that don't exist in my world. Its a place of Contrasts, darkness lurks here and they try and drive it away with song. Or at least thats how I interpret it. That reminds me, if we run into another of those creatures, I am going to see how they react to song. Because, who knows." At that moment Sabrina reappears a white shirt covering her chest, she comes up behind Mira, draping a similar garment over the redheads shoulders.

"You'll catch a cold." She explains slowly in Elven, as if she were grasping the language.

"Merci." Mira answers, patting her lap for the Blonde to join her, she flushes, regards the others with interest especially Del before sitting where she was directed, allowing Mira to hold her protectively. "Sabrina, this is Gregor was it?" She explains in carefully spoken Elven (She will repeat it in Common if it appears that Gregor doesnt understand Elven).

"Sabrina." She answers nervously, staying within the confines of Mira's arms, although her pretty mouth does widen to a small smile.

"Sabrina is a native of this land, and more importantly my apprentice." She explains proudly, hugging the blonde closely. "I guess you have questions? Firstly we don't know how to get 'home' people who came here have ended up going back, well I hope they have. We may have a way but.." She trails off, not choosing to mention it.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Karl, Knight of the Sword." The Knight offers, ensuring the Ladies are seated before he does so himself, he listens, the idea of being in 'Another place' still hadn't come to him yet. The Gods would see that he was safe, and the Ladies were protected. Glad that Lady Mira was taking good care of the Girl he gives her a small nod.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The others join them, including the Dark haired half-elven man with violet eyes, the blonde half-elven woman, and the white-haired elf. They introduce themselves as Merrick, Jerry and Cross.
After a lot of searching, we may have found a way back. We are leaving in the morning to visit someone who may be able to help...
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

Is this place ... erm alleged place ... then so horrible it is to be departed at all cost? The inn and these people seem normal enough otherwise. Gregor pause again to finish off his stout, and then rises. By the by, how much is a room for the night?, he asks in elven as he starts for what he assumes to be the innkeep at the bar.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"It has it's advantages, truly. I could be happy here." Mira answers with a far away look. "My lite is music and music is in everyone's soul." She sighs, hugging Sabrina tightly.

"The issue is some of us have homes to go to, like Karl here.." she turns her head to the Knight.

(I'll let our illustrious DM tell us how much rooms are!)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
tarlyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by tarlyn »

Del sips the tea, smiling at Elsa, nodding with a wink. Looking at Mira "Poison is a cowards way, nothing more. ANd she needed

two accomplices just to be sure? I feel honoured, three people for little ole me,"
she says with a lazy grin.

She mostly listens to everyone talking, and also any interesting tidbits she might overhear in the Inn.

OOC : Detect Noise check to see if she overhears anything interesting.

Detect Noise Check [1d100]=66

A little under what she needs!.
"Killing means never having to say you're sorry"
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

After somewhat successfully negotiating a room with the inn keep (and verifying to himself that common is not in fact common at least in this inn), Gregor strolls back to the table and addresses the group. It's been a long night for me already so I'm going to grab some sleep. I guess I won't be picking up my backpack and gear from Thel Jeers in the morning so I'm going to need to resupply. Is there a general store abouts one can pick up traveling gear and provisions? I'm going to head out in the morning to get the lay of the area and gear up while I'm out.

[Gregor needs to tend to his wounds better than he has already so will be making an early night of it.]