Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

tarlyn
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by tarlyn »

Del pays attention to her surroundings, Esker as well. As they enter the seedier part of Harmonia she keeps an alert ear and eye out

for hidden sentries on rooftops, alleyways, even on the street. She puts the singing at the back of her mind for now, logging it for later

reference.

Turning to Esker she says "Esker, we are now enterring my type of place, do not be shocked or surprised as to what may

transpire. Follow my lead and keep your cool, ok? I am here, so do not worry. You're in good hands."

She places a reassuring hand on his shoulder as they enter the area.
"Killing means never having to say you're sorry"
Revenant
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Revenant »

Esker Manyblades

Esker snorts when Del calls him a gentleman, "Hardly that I can assure you. I can also assure you I'm used to dealing with less than honest people. And that's just talking about my family. I've had more than my share of dealing with cutthroats, scalawags, scoundrels and rogues, so don't hold back on my account. So lead on not so fair maiden."
tarlyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by tarlyn »

Del giggles at being called a fair maiden. "Heh, well Esker, let's see what kind of afun we might have today, shall we?"
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

Good idea, Gregor nods in answer to Pyro. I've no idea where to go though so lead on.

About this list ... do you know the name of who had the one you just found? Curious if that one is on the list.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Good idea!"

Back in Elven to the bartender.

"Do you know the name of the victim? If not, where is the constables office, so I may inquire?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Lower Skald (Delsenora, Esker)
As Del gages their surroundings she senses the telltale suggestions of an active network. A few vagrants, young dirty children running about on errands with serious expressions, once in a while a person will seem to coincidentally follow their patch, then peel off until they are picked up by another. Mostky the observation seems one of curiosity or casual assessment. None give any indication that the two seem to be viable targets.

The main road winds a long and wide loop through Lower Skald, which seems designed to serve more of the area but coincidentally provides many more opportunities for 'approach'. Common shops, general stores, some humble room-lets, candle, cloth, tool makers and other places a community requires line the street. It occurs to her that any main bases of activity likely lie off of the main in the narrower streets.

Eventually they come to the end of the loop where it turns to cross the river via a bridge controlled by a squat stone guard post. At this end the sounds and smells of a thriving logging industry fill the air. A few cheap room-rents obviously for workers and some taverns are scattered about. There are also carpenters, Bowyer/fletchers, and even a papermaker. Out on the river the pair can see lumbermen floating wide bundles of downed logs along the river to the mill.

Nearby there is a tavern/inn that seems mainly geared to serve the workers named the Wooden Mug, but there is no hint of the criminal element. farther diwn, at the head of one of the side streets she sees a second tavern, The Bottomless Pail, with a couple of down-on-their-luck types hovering nearby

Interior of The Broken Wheel inn: (Cross, Gregor, Iscind, Pyros)
Pyros would be able to recall the large clothes in the room where the list was found, and the only person he knows at the Old Kartakan that size was his new friend Haldrake Moonbaun, who had told him about the silver. The bartender thinks about the girl, Umm... I think it was Laura? No wait, Laisa... he checks with one of the serving girls nearby in Harmonian. Yeah, Laisa Ryer... I don't really know her, she is from Harmonia not Skald I think. Although... she did come here once when Mira was playing, some of the girls said.

He gives directions to the constable as well, in case they are still interested in that, but doesn't seem to think they'll talk to the citizenry at all about the case. Especially if there is an investigation ongoing.
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

Hmm, those names ain't on the list, Gregor whispers to Pyro as they step away from the bartender. Didn't someone say that local girl, Sabrina was it?, didn't know the list names. Wonder if they be common names for this place or maybe for our homes. Where did her and Mira get off to?

[OOC] - looking for connections in the names on the list. Thinking maybe surnames (if any) may indicate where they're from not that it's necessarily something they hold in common.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Correct, Sabrina didn't recognize the names.
Pyros may be able to put together a couple of relevant details from things he has learned the last few weeks though. Int check]
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Great! I mean uh not great, but thank you."

Then back to common.

"I'm pretty sure my new tutor was the one who had the list. Haldrake the bartender. He uhm, doesn't know I was in his room."

"He seemed very interested in our previous exploits. And now that I found this list, and this silver dagger, I am starting to think he is also on their trail." He rubs his chin.

"Maybe we can show him our list, and see if he makes any connection."

=======================
Is that too much of a jump for the Kender to make?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[No, that seems like a good progression to me. Let me also get an int check for pyros too for something he once learned but may not recall.]
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros drools on the floor.
Int Check [1d20]=19
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

Umm, have to be careful talkin' about the list, Gregor mutters quietly for Pyro's ears. Not judgin ya know but might seem a little funny to ask about it when his list is missing. Gregor pauses as he absently scratches the coarse stubble growing on his chin and then continues. But he likely knows about the people on it so agree on good idea to find out more. Did you say anythin to him about those two on the list ya knew - Jackques and Akriel?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Well I was thinking of this list." Pyros pulls out the list from Jackques house.

"I found this list after my conversation with him. I made a copy of that list. But I did remove the note about feeding the bushes, from another person's room."

"I could easily tie it to my previous conversation with him, as we killed Jackques and know he was one of those beast men."
tarlyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by tarlyn »

Del will discreetly point out her observations to Esker as they wander further into her kind of territory.

"So this first place is a no go it doesn't seem like the place we want to go to. Let's go farther there is most assuredly a prefect place for

us to go to."

Del seems rather enthusiastic about their sojourn into the seedier part of Harmonia, more lively and happier than he has seen her.

Spying the Bottomless Pail, she grins. "Now that's what I'm talking about, Esker. Welcome to my world."

Walking up to the door sheobserves the patrons or vagrants outside of the Inn gauging their "effectiveness".

In a clear and precise voice , loud enough for the people outside to hear, she says. "Not looking for trouble

but I presume I need to present myself if I plan to do anything unlawful in the city? Thiefs Cant - Is there a Bluffer here?I am not here to

Bilk but looking to make some good Blunt, I am definitely not a Dromedary

"
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

That'll work, Gregor replies confidently. Let's head there and see if we can find out anything.

Gregor will let Pyro take the lead in any discussion and will attempt to use his own rather mediocre skills of observation and alertness to determine if he can pick up anything from the barkeep's responses.