Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by Nocturno »

"Perfect! To the ol' Cadillac Inn! Pyros will safely stow the notes in his many many pockets.

Pyros will try to lead with the most direct route.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Lower Skald (Delsenora, Esker)
The first vagrant mutters and mumbles a lot, cataract eyes wandering irregularly as if struggling to trace the path of some crazed fly; possibly a Tom of Bedlam, or maybe just mad as a hatter. The other watches and listens, at first just jingling his collection cup. When Del finishes, he looks between her and Esker. Taking a copper from somewhere in his rags rather than his cup, he drops it into the madman's mug.

The greyed, balding madman looks to the sky while shaking the wooden mug beside his ear to hear the clinking of few coins. Giggling to himself he turns and begins to shuffle inside. The other vagrant tilts his head, indicating they should follow the madman...

Interior of The Broken Wheel inn: (Cross, Gregor, Iscind, Pyros)
Gregor and Pyros agree on the course of action and head off for the Old Kartakan, leaving Cross and Iscind in their conversation.

The Old Kartakann Inn (Gregor, Pyros, Mira)
Gregor and Pyros make their way up the steep cobbles to the higher ground to the East. The homes and shops here are of high quality and very clean.

As they make their way, their destination comes into view...
From atop a high, stone cliff, twin waterfalls plunge downward to shatter what might otherwise be a peaceful pond. The roar is incredible, muting all other sounds, and a cloud of mist fills the air at all times. In the center of the bubbling, churning lake (known locally as The Cauldron) stands a natural stone island. Long ago polished to a smooth, rounded form by the raging water it now supports a proud and stately structure: The Old Kartakan Inn.

The perpetual fog of The Cauldron's waters hangs heavy about the inn, giving the place an almost supernatural look. Here and there, moving bodies can be seen in the mists. The obscuring properties of this shroud, however, make it difficult to tell if they are human or some form of ghostly apparition. As they approach, Mira emerges from the inn's front doors.

Just as Mira finishes her meal and steps outside she sees the familiar figures of Pyros and Gregor approaching.

===
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Lady! Care to observe while I do some sleuthing?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"What are you up to..? No forget that I don't want to know. Where's Jerry, I found something out she should Probably know.." She gives Gregor a look, "Welcome to my world."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Is it that the victims all look like her?" He smiles. "I heard that too! She left the Inn just before us."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yes, I should be relieved they don't look like me." She sighs, "No idea who this last one was, pretty creepy it was right outside our Inn. Well it is for me, I know you don't get creeped out."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"We found out something about that too!"

Doing his best to impersonate the young bartender, with the odd Elven speech.
"Laisa Ryer... I don't really know her, she is from Harmonia not Skald I think. Although... she did come here once when Mira was playing, some of the girls said."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Laisa?" Mira staggers, looking for something to grab, "I.. I met her back in Harmonia, she was a fan, a good one. One anyone would love to have." She remembers the Girls excitement, the wonder, how she dressed, "She might not have been here if I wasn't here. Damn. Damn." A tear seeps from her eye as she plonks herself on the ground.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros jumps around to her side.

"All the more reason to be sleuthing!"

He bounces back up, and heads to the bar area.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

(Mira would also recall that Laisa was Airand Lucroy's cousin, and that they were close.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"To .. to find out why..?" Mira asks wiping her eye, "Do you have that list?" She asks when Pyros hands it to her she bites her lip. "Airand. She was his Cousin. he'll want to know and. He's on this list." What did that mean? They looked like Jerry and did any of the others have connections to people who looked like Jerry?

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"My plan!" He looks incredibly excited at this point. Forgetting about all the dead folks.

"Take our very similar list, and I will slyly bring it up with Haldrake. To see if he will bring up his list. Which we have a copy of. He had this list, and seemed very interested in knowing about our exploits, AND had this silver dagger. " He pulls the "new" silver dagger, then stows it again.

Taking a deep breath.

"I'm thinking maybe a potential ally! Or competition, I guess we will find out when we find out!"
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

Gregor coughs quietly and asks, I be new here so forgive my asks but how well ya know this Airand? He's on the list as this Jackques. List might be anything course ... anything.
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

Also, the names - no sure you can tell but they look'n like names for here or more like our home places?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

With the same enthusiasm, but without any acknowledgment of the consequences. "Exactly what I was saying earlier! Things on lists usually have something in common..." Realizing what he just said out loud, and the tie back to Mira's fan.

"Erm, best to find out and know, than to sit and wonder!"

Realizing he has his hand on the door, Pyros will let go and take a few steps back.

"We definitely know some names from here, so probably here. No one I know from before."