Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by TristenC »

The Broken Wheel: (Cross, Iscind, Karl, Elsa, Del, Esker, Jerry and Merrick)
Elsa nods regarding the fire, That might be good, but we have to be careful not to catch any structures on fire. And to Iscind she smiles widely, Oh that's great! That will definitely give us better odds!

Merrick replies to Jerry's request, Of course, I can show you the way to the Chapel.

The old Shacks: (Gregor, Pyros, Mira)
[Ooc] Mira knows normal missile fire wont be effective until he is completely free. They could set up readied actions for the instant he is free (essentially going first that round) but then he would be able to act normally at the second half of that round.

Mira knows at this rate it will probably take about 2 full rounds before the creature is free.

The webs will burn if lit with something like a torch or burning oil. A cantrip won't be enough. The fire will automatically hit anyone in the webs, but they will be free the round after. If oil is used to pour over him directly, both the base burning oil damage and the web damage will apply.

Taunt still seems to be in effect for now, given the rage cues from the creature. Pyros knows it can last up to 10 rounds but it is random. So far it has been 3.
Looking around, Pyros does see a modest sized shack they could probably reach before the creature breaks out if Pyros makes a running check.[/ooc]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Let us be about it then. Please do, kind sir, show me to the Chapel," responds Jerry with a smile and a curtsy to Merrick. "The sun, or what passes for one here, won't wait for us if we dally."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Backtrack)

"Yes burning it will do some damage, but it will just let him out quickly. Our best bet is to catch him by suprise. I'm no fighter, I have one spell. I can't take him hand to hand and neither can you I suspect." She sighs, she had made a promise to Sabrina and now...

"Fine, I don't have any oil, if you do we'll try it. I'm not going to die facing this thing. Understand that. I can make a.flame."

She will do his idea, which sadly ruins Pyros and the Good Old Boys but.. we can always run if it doesn't work.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

With that info, Pyros will charge full speed away from the monster as far as he can while it is still caught up. He will then turn and fire the turn it is released. Unless he thinks he will be too far for a normal Hoopak double shot.

" He is coming for me when he gets out. Just get me to town when he's done with me. I'm sure a cleric can help. I've had a solid nap before, but I was told it was a few hundred Steel to wake me up."
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

So we's got a bit of time, Gregor rasps in common. Mira, pass me something to light that web-thing up and get this flask ready to hit him. We should be able to put sum burn on 'em. Pyros can hit him with the iron and I'll hit him more when he's full out. Switching to elven, Gregor cackles ominously and bellows Let's cook this cur!

Thought process here is Gregor gets a lit torch and Mira lights the flask and sets up at point-blank range while Pyros waits to sling(?) - round 1. Key point being both Mira and Gregor are out of Pyros bullet path unless he screws up :) Gregor will light the web to start it burning and then Mira can hit him with the flask when the web has burned away (and done its damage). Followup with Pyros' bullets and short sword attack by Gregor. Not sure on timing for those last two (lighting the web starts the sequence so maybe consider as last action of prior round). In any event, need to have web burning and damaging before he can get out.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'm NOT letting you die Pyros, Elsa would NEVER forgive me." Mira tells him, grabbing a vine branch she closes her eyes, "I'm the Firestarter... twisted firestarter..." She sings softly, the branch bursting into flame. Handing it to Gregor she takes the flash of OIl.

(Is she still making Gregor Invisible?)

Cantrips [1d20]=8 Pass.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Karl

All of this was getting far beyond the Knight, things were happening out of his control, he places one hand into the other, taking a deep breath. "My Blade, Silverlight was forged long ago, it was found in the High Clerists tower. While that means little to most of you, it was created to fight evil wherever I find it. I will aid you. Please return here once you have collected the items, and I will wait for the others. Airand here will assist me as he seems intent on joining us. I will assess his ability to fight." The Knight explains kindly, giving the Young Woman a sad expression.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Understanding the plan, Pyros makes max distance between him and the beast. The limits being his speed, or the range of getting 2 shots off with his Hoopak per round. What is the running check?
==================================================
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The old Shacks: (Gregor, Pyros, Mira)

Pyros takes off to the south as fas as his little legs can carry him. Unfortunately his withered leg still impedes him somewhat snd he is only able to make it about 60 feet before it is time to prepare his hoopak onsolaught.

Mira lights a small stick with her magical melody before handing it to Gregor, who has just fished out oil and a torch from his pack. He passes her the oil and lights the torch before lobbing it into the webs...

[Since their only opponent is currently restrained i'm a little more liberal with the number of object interactions in a combat round. This should be fun. Actions R4? ]
====
R3:
Wolf-Man Violinist: (1 move) = 1
Pyros: (3 move) = 3
Mira: (2+2 Cantrip) = 4
Gregor: (8 torch) = 8

The Wolf-man, due to his Great Strength, is able to move 2 feet south, towards Pyros. The wolf man is now 2 feet from the edge of the web...

Pyros attempts to Run South at 3x speed
Strength check (10): [1d20] = 15, fail! Pyros is only able to move 2x speed
Pyros moves 60 feet South and readies his Hoopak

Mira takes a small stick and attempts to light it with a cantrip. [1d20] = 8, pass!
She passes the stick to Gregor.

Gregor uses the stick to light a torch and passes a flask of oil to Mira
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Tendrow if you are watching, guide my bullets with your graceful hand." Pyros will start to sweat, but it isn't hot out.

HoopakBullets(15): [1d20]=14 [1d20]=15 [1d4+2]=3+2=5 [1d4+2]=3+2=5
=====================================================
>.> Hopeful lol.
Last edited by Nocturno on Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

Gregor tosses the lit torch directly into the spongy mass of the webs watching as they erupt into flame to engulf (and free) the beastman. Ensuring he is out of both Pyros' and Mira's line of sight to the beast as much as possible, he readies the borrowed short sword to attack their foe as it exits the snare.

[OOC: For combat purposes, do we have the ability to perform a "fighting retreat" at half movement which does not allow attacks of opportunity against the retreating party?]
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[OOC: yeah, the "Withdraw" maneuver allows you to retreat at 1/3 speed while facing your opponent and allowing normal attack rates.[/ooc]
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

Gregor's base attack with short sword: [1d20]=12

Would like a back/sneak attack but depends on what transpires with the beast. He'll use the withdraw maneuver if the beast attacks him to allow Pyros and Mira clean shots.
Revenant
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Revenant »

Esker Manyblades

"I however, am not as blessed as the fair Iscind," Esker says to Elsa. "I'm afraid my blade has no special abilities. So if magic is requried, I'm at a loss."
tarlyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by tarlyn »

"I can accompany whomever but prefer heading to the Church to see what I may purchase there."

[ooc] IS it a Temple of Ezra?[/ooc]
"Killing means never having to say you're sorry"