Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by Jenara »

Karl

"I don't really know. Jerry will." He answers, then turns to face Mira with a sad look and a warning with a head shake. Catching sight of Pyros he rushes to the Kenders side, helping him to a seat.

"I am worried I won't want to know what happened to you.." he speaks in a low voice.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
tarlyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by tarlyn »

TristenC wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:05 pm The Broken Wheel: (Cross, Esker, Iscind, Karl)
Inside
Airand's hands tighten, nodding in agreement to Karl's remark about 'needing to do something'. The stakes... those work, right? How long do they have to be...? Or how long can they be? Like a chair leg? A spear?

Outside
Elsa and Jerry went to the Temple, I'm not sure where it is though. They should be back soon. Cross answers.
Ah yes, we also realized there was some relationship between the victims and Jerry... unfortunately it is much worse than that... She arrived, after working at the papermaker's for a while, and explained the situation to us. Apparently she has deduced the killer is her late father... one who has... returned from his expiration as a creature of the night... A vampire, in plain terms. Cross gives her a knowing look.

At the comment about a creature that attacks from above, Cross nods. It would seem we have farther evidence of Jerry's Hypothesis... If the victim tumbled from above, could we further track where she came from? Maybe we can hone-in on the origin further?
[If Iscind and/or Esker would like to climb the hill to track farther, let me get a Tracking check for that as well]

The Temple: (Del, Elsa, Jerry, Merrick)
[For holy water Elsa is buying 2, 1 is free. 3 are available. Is Del buying any? Otherwise Merrick may buy 1 but that's about it.]

Del buys one handing over a gem and puts it in her pack carefully, Then she'll just go wait outside for everyone.
"Killing means never having to say you're sorry"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Of theavailable six vials of holy water, Jerry sees Elsa buy two, Del and Merrick buy one each so she accepts the free one, leaving the final one with Brother Hedram. "Thank you, Brother. We should be about our business. The day grows no younger."

With a bow and a grim smile she takes her leave and heads back towards the Broken Wheel. She keeps her eyes peeled en route for anything that shouts 'here be undead' at her.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"An unkind soul tried to trick our new friend."
He points to Gregor, and kindly accepts the seat.

"A drink please. Non of this cider business."
Revenant
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Revenant »

Esker Manyblades

Esker glances at Iscind, "Ready to see if we can follow these tracks further." He doesn't wait for her answer, moving up the hill to see if he can discern anything further.

Tracking check: [1d20]=18
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The Temple: (Del, Elsa, Jerry, Merrick)
Del, Elsa and Merrick each purchase some holy water; Jerry receiving the one free vial. As the four head back to the Broken Wheel, Jerry keeps an eye out for any signs of undead infestation, but the route between the temple and the inn seems clear. As they arrive, they see Mira, Pyros and Gregor have returned; the bard and Kender stepping into the inn itself.

The broken Wheel: Exterior: (Cross, Esker, Iscind, Gregor)
Esker examines the trail down from the hillside, but there is so much chaos to it he cannot ultimately discern the origin very well aside from a broad area about 30 ft wide at the top of the hill.

The broken Wheel: Interior: (Karl, Mira, Pyros)
Mira and Pyros enter the inn; the Kender looking much the worse for wear. There they find Karl speaking quietly with Airand, who has a very determined look on his face. Azais stands nearby, obviously very distraught and watching the violet eyed Airand with sorrow and pain plain on her face. Mira moves to the young man and expresses her condolences. He regards her with a cold, distant expression; but nods. She was coming to see your show... she had found out you were back in town, somehow. The twenty-something man faces her plainly. She looked for us... Azi and me, at the Grand Hall, but we weren't there... His face screws up in pain and the flesh around his knuckles turns white as his fists clench in frustration and anger. Slowly he calms enough to release the grasp and looks at Mira with almost hollow eyes. Your friend spoke to us... it's her 'father' that did this... so now we kill it.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Oy! Some comfort for the half bitten Kender would be grand." Loudly and out of characterlike rude for Pyros.

He tenderly touches his ribs remembering the teeth trying to grind through his armour.

"Maybe a shot or two while we wait for the Healers."
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

As Mira and Pyros enter the inn, Gregor remains outside to watch the group as they appear intent on tracking the assailant from the prior evening. Unaware of their plans, he takes a quick slash from his flask and watches the proceedings.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I..." Mira stammers, tears welling in her eyes, the memory was still too fresh, she wanted to hide, to crawl away and pretend this wasn't real, the draw of at bottle screamed to her, that or losing herself in Sabrina's arms.. "I didn't know, I didn't see her, she must have arrived last night when I was playing. What was she doing out there? Its not safe, nowhere is safe dammit." She tilts her head to Pyros, "Cinq shots de whisky!" She calls out, in Harmonian, two for the Kender, and one each for her and her friends.

"I don't know much on these creatures, as I mentioned earlier, not many stories on them, but if Jerry hunts them, they must be powerful. I'll do what I can." She squeezes his arm and does the same to Azi, she knew his look far too well, one she had worn herself on occasion.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Entering the Brokn Wheel Jerry sees Mira and Pyros and notes that something is amiss - Pyros is even more dishevelled than usual and Mira seems off, possibly anxious. She gently squeezes Merrick's arm and points with her eyes.

Trying to ease in unobtrusively she says quietly, "Hi! We're back."

Getting closer triggers one of Jerry's habits: her eyes flick over her friends, looking for signs of injury or distress.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darithe
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Darithe »

Iscind

Silently follows Esker up the hill. Once there, she scours the area with her eyes looking for tracks or something amiss though this strange city seems to be unknowable to her.

Tracking Skill Check: [1d20]=19
tarlyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by tarlyn »

Del enters with the others, as usual looking around. Spying the others , looking somewhat frazzled, she takes a seat at their table or close

to it. After ordering and paying for a light meal and hot beverage, she will clear her throat slightly.

"SO, what has happened if you don't mind me asking?"
"Killing means never having to say you're sorry"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"A Bartender took offence to Gregor here and we had to leave, Pyros was Pyros and managed to upset him a lot." She sighs, glancing to the door, "We had to have a chat with him." She explains tapping the hilt of her Iron Sword. "Pyros needs some help, he was a tall man."

"Perhaps we could take a look at him upstairs?" She suggests after she downs the shot with a shudder.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I sympathise," Jerry responds. "Sure, let us go upstairs to my room."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »