Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Brax (Jenara) Private Thread

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Brax (Jenara) Private Thread

Post by Jenara »

"Strangely, impressing you was not our goal, if we had know, perhaps things would have been different." She responds simply, "I can do the distraction, as long as he keeps his hands to himself."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"First impressions go a long way," Echo states, suggesting that the groups first impression on her just wasn't very good even if they weren't out to impress anyone. "Considering how you dress, I find it to be an odd contradiction that you want men to keep their hands to themselves. Really, from the looks of it, it is almost as if you are inviting them too."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Old habits, in my Mothers culture, the women are the strong ones, they rule the men, a man wouldn't think of making an advance on a woman, she would do it to him. I remember..." She blushes. "My 'family' watched me domineer a young Drow male..." hiding her blushes she continues, "Thus my dress would not cause a concern."

"However, here it appears to, perhaps I should get something made."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Just earlier you said that you weren't some innocent rose, and now you are blushing like a little school girl," Echo points out in amusement. "You seem to embrace your culture from what I have seen. You like spiders and you even have spider web designs on your clothing. You aren't shameful of what you did to that young male drow, for example. You are embarrassed about it. That suggests to me that you got some enjoyment out of it, but perhaps you didn't much like being watched," she says. "When you say how you dress or how you have a love for spiders is an old habit doesn't make a lot of sense to me."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Have you ever been trapped between two worlds Miss Echo?" Brax asks giving the Mage an icy stare? "I was dragged kicking and screaming from the world I knew, I saw my friends killed and tortured." Raising her voice, her arms becoming amimated.

"I came to your world, the light burnt my eyes, but I adapted, I adjusted. But.. My old life still calls to me, it was all I knew." Adjusting the dress she shrugs, "If you were taken from this life, made to live with orcs, how would you react?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Orcs would probably kill me rather than take me in and raise me," Echo says logically. "And considering you are only half drow, I'm surprised you weren't killed on sight for tainting bloodlines. In the end, I'm sure your story is one of tragedy and woe," she says sarcastically. "But I'm not going to feel much sympathy for you. You tend to have a flair for the dramatic from what I have seen. I'm not sure if that is because you like attention or if it is because you are young. Perhaps it is both since I'm not sure how old you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Normally yes, one of my kind would have been killed, I was taken in after my family were killed." She replies, "I am your junior i suspect, you look a little more seasoned than me." She says nothing in regards to the dramatic, choosing to let it go.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Not surprising," Echo admits with a shrug.

After a bit of a walk through the small town, Echo finally manages to make it Linton's home. She looks over the building critically for a moment before shaking her head. "I would give you advice on how to deal with this man, but once again I've only really seen him in passing."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yet you know him better than I." Elf says as she pulls the dress down to reveal what cleavage she has. "I think, from our talk I may need to accentuate a few of my less desirable traits. Do not be alarmed."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo smirks in Brax's direction with a shake of her head. "I'm not alarmed," she says. If anything, she seemed to have expected that Brax would do such a thing.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed." Brax responds with a shrug. What would happen here?

((waiting on Brelia now.. :-D))

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The two young women make their way to the councilman's house. It has an impressive door, made of planed-down exotic wood, with nicely crafted iron bands on them, but no knocker. Instead, there is an iron handle dangling from a lever next to the door. Echo pulls the handle a few times, setting off a bell inside the house.

After a moment, a mousey-looking woman opens the door. She looks at the two women, and her hand comes up to cover her mouth. "Oh" she says, "Linton said we would be having a guest for dinner, but you are two... and he mentioned a silver-skinned beautiful stranger, but did not say you would come alnong, too, Miss Soulstaff."

(OOC: Echo knows this is Miranda. Linton's subdued and not altogether smart wife. Her age is in between Echo's and Brax's)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed, I am Celanadra Brax, Master Linton invited me to Dinner. Miss Soulstaff was kind enough to accompany me, as I do not know the way, and I am a stranger in this town." She smiles, giving a the woman a theatrical bow. "And thank you for the compliment." She smiles again.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"The invitation was opened to a few of us from my understanding," Echo says. "It must have slipped his mind. I hope this is not a problem?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I...I don't know" Miranda stammers. "I was told to lay the table for two. I'll go and ask Linton." She disappears into the house, leaving Echo and Brax standing in the doorway.

After a few minutes, Linton Bronzemoon appears in his entrance hall, his face cloudy. "The invitation was extended to Miss Brax here only. However, I am not the man to turn away the daughter of my fellow councilman" he says with a quick bow to Echo. Come in, then. "Miranda, how can you let guests wait in the street. You should have invited them into the hall" he chides his wife. "Now go and lay an extra cover, then go to the kitchen and tell the cook to make one more course, so there will be sufficient food for all of us."

Then he turns to his guests."While this is done, would you care to accompany me to the drawing room? We can take our apéritif there." The foreign word is stresses, as if Linton wanted to show off his worldliness.
There's more to me than meets the eye...