Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 1, Landing at Port Collins

A D&D 5E homebrew, a short tale to get to grips with this new system. Many travel to Wovara, a mostly uncharted isle on the fringes of civilisation, where man attempts to stake a claim against nature and the unknown.

Moderator: mgbevan

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 1, Landing at Port Collins

Post by Chris1234 »

"I did, Rose, that's amazing!" declares the dwarven cleric.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jason returns the handshake vigorously, until Meran mentions the temple. Then his handshake goes limp and he struggles to keep smiling. "Ohhhh, a cleric of Aeros, eh? How...fun."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I may get into trouble for saying this, but actually the bureaucracy is quite extensive and isn't much fun at all," answers Meran. "I prefer forgework."
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

Rose thanks Jason for the freely given information and walks onto the boat looking around for something interesting talking to "her self" then seeing a barrel she sits on-top of it looking out over the water
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Time to go?" asks Meran, who then follows Rose.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

The crew and captain finish their preparations and board the party onto the boat. It is a rickety wooden vessel that bobs in the water. Aside from looking marginally unsafe, the boat is made from thick dark wood, oak from what you can tell. It is also sitting quite low in the water. Most of the deck is taken up by cargo, covered by a thick green canvas and securely fastened by ropes. As the ferry sets sail, the captain informs you that you are welcome to stay on deck and enjoy the view, or that the other passengers are making the voyage in the hold.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Meran is torn between the two options, wanting to have both life experiences.
After asking how long the journey is likely to take, he stares at the view, taking it all in, making a full circle, before disappearing below to see who's there, what they look like and maybe find out what at least some of them have planned.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sornin will stay on deck and spin a tale of a safe crossing and good luck to cargo ships. Injecting music from the pan flute into places appropriate.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

rose takes a deep breath of the fresh air then turns to Sornin "that's quite beautiful where did you learn to play?" then seemingly conferring with the shoulder then after a little huf "and what color is your left sock?"
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Thank you. Mostly in the forest with my brothers, we all played different instruments, these pipes are made from saplings from my village. I've picked up talents on some other instruments in my travels now, but I only keep the flute on me while travelling. ... Uh brown, it might have been a different colour once."
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Up on the main deck, the view one gets of the surround area is not quite spectacular. To the South and East land it visible, it is mostly brown, not quite arid but not looking like the most fertile soil anyone has ever set eyes on. Where Rose lived before has much more grass, shrubs and trees filled with green. What she can see on the coast, the scattered trees seem to be washed out of colour. Not quite as brown as Sorin's sock though. Likewise, Meran would have noticed that travelling outwards from the Capital, the lands seem to become harder for humans to farm on, and indeed further East of Borma does turn into a dry desert. The party is informed that the journey will take quite some time, they are expecting to arrive while it is still light but close to sundown. To the North and West is only sea. There is low grey cloud that obscures a lot of the view, and it blends in with the white tipped water making it difficult to see exactly where the horizon is.

In the hold, Mearn will find the other passengers on the ferry. His arrival is not noticed, either the passengers are engrossed in their own conversations or they do not seem interested in being sociable.
He sees: A group, possibly a family, consisting of a big man with big, sooty hands and arms, conversing with a lad probably in his teens, a woman with frazzled ginger hair entertaining two children.
A man looking like an adventurer or mercenary surrounded by four cooing women that laugh and giggle loudly
A dark skinned man sat on his own, his head down looking at something in his pack or hands
A hooded and black clad figure sat by them self not facing the others in the farthest corner of the hold.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Meran wanders across to the dark skinned man, and says "Hello, I'm Meran. How're you doing?"

{OOC Edit: yes this is an investigation, not a solicitation}
Last edited by Chris1234 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jason boards the ship and takes a moment to look out at the horizon. Placing his hands on his hips, he takes a deep breath of sea air and then lets it all out. This is it, the beginning of a new life; a chance to start over, to make amends. Or so he hopes. He scrutinizes the grey cloud, hoping it doesn't prove to be anything to worry about.

He then descends into the hold. He gives a smile or a nod to each person who bothers to make eye contact with him as he passes them by. He moves toward the family and finds a place to sit near them where he can listen in on them a bit without being obvious.

(OOC: Jason wants to do a weather sense check, which I think might be a WIS check? Not sure. And a listening check on the family. Please make whatever roll is necessary.)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sornin will head down to the hold after about 30 minutes, once he is sure he raised the spirits of the busy crew.

If there is a lull in the conversation as a whole, he will try to start up a rendition Drunken Sailor. Using the minor illusion cantrip to make an animated pair of ale mugs dance with the tune.

Otherwise he will listen to conversations.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

after a few moments sitting on the barrel rose hoped down heading to the hold to see what everyone else was up to. once under deck she spotted the hooded and black clad figure and was intrigued .instead of walking up she paid close attenshion and focusing on the stranger trying to gleam some information.

investigation test [1d20] = 14+3
Characters:
The Forge-dm