Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 16 - Resistance

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 16 - Resistance

Post by JadedDM »

Gobax heals himself a bit, completely healing one of the magic missile wounds he took in the fight with Magnus.
TristenC wrote:When we fought magnus yesterday, he seemed to have some protection against Shima's attack. But my sword of pure fire was able to hurt him. We should keep that in mind if we face him.
"It must be a powerful spell, indeed," William says. "We were lucky in that fight I was able to silence him before he could unleash his more powerful spells. If he catches up in the open, we'll likely not survive."

==========

Gobax casts Cure Light Wounds on himself, restoring (1d8): 8 HP.

(OOC: The only person to grab extra weapons was Haahqae, so it's up to him. Nobody else has extra weapons to spare.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I can partially protect someone from fire for a time, if we are prepared and have a littke warning..
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"Hmm, good points" Haahqae replies to Kendra "But it is best to keep one's options open. When there's a dragon on the line one has to keep all possibilities open."

No matter how impossible they seem.

"It is possible that I'll find myself cut off from finding the target in a simple fashion, and it's possible that I'll observe a roadblock which I need to take all care to bypass, even if it takes a few more minutes. Where do you think it would be most likely for me to find the prefect?"

And seeing this magical healing being passed about; Haahqae can't help but think that he should be on the receiving end of things. He was rather important after all.

"If you have some spare healing William, I could use a bit. Took a couple crossbow bolts in that last battle."
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I can partially protect someone from fire for a time, if we are prepared and have a littke warning.."
"That should prove useful against Magnus and the dragon, if need be," William states.
"If you have some spare healing William, I could use a bit. Took a couple crossbow bolts in that last battle."
William looks down on the gnome in thought. "I would like to save most of my healing for the front-line warriors of our group. But very well. I will spare one minor healing spell for you." He places a hand on the gnome's shoulder and prays to Paladine. A warm, comforting feeling fills the gnome as most of his injuries heal completely.

===============

William casts Cure Light Wounds on Haahqae, restoring (1d8): 6 HP.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"'Smite you with Paladine's power'... I'd never have thought I'll ever get to position that this sentence is said to ME. I always loved reading the legends of old and took comfort in Paladine's goodness. Now it burns my flesh..." Tulbas says quietly. More to himself than to the others. For a moment true regret appears in his eyes, but then again new resolve. He is not evil. Even after taking the black robes he still tried only to end the misery of the people under the occupation and tried to help Kendra and his other friends. He will probably not sacrifice himself to save William, but on the other hand, William is willing to sacrifice them all for his 'cause', so who is really the greatest evil between the two of them...

Hearing Gobax words Tulbas asks, "Can you give me more details about this protection? I read about several powerful defensive spells and usually they have some weaknesses. Did his skin color was normal? Could you notice any sparking dust on it?"

=======================================================================
(OOC: Being Magnus apprentice, any chance Tulbas knows his arsenal of spells or part of it?)
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"Thanks. I know you might expect a lot from me, but I find it a bit easier to sneak through deathtraps of a mansion if I'm not painfully throbbing all over my body. Now... where would one find the entrance from this side? I'd only ever seen it from the top and I really don't know my way around down here."

Pretty much the only hope right now is if Magnus and the rest of the prefect's best are out trying to scour the sewers to find them; and even that could get dangerous really quickly if they're found... so there's not much point in delaying. At the very least Tulbas and Kendra seem to have quelled their Haahqae-murdering tendencies for now. Maybe that will count for something. Although everyone looks rather beet up after the last encounter with the dragonarmy, a similar fight against fresh troops, or if the dragon priests healed up those that the resistance had failed to kill could prove a deadly encounter.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahque wrote:"Now... where would one find the entrance from this side? I'd only ever seen it from the top and I really don't know my way around down here."
"Pen knows these sewers well," William answers. "He knows the way to the prefect's mansion."

"Just leave it to me!" the kender says. "I'll take the lead on this one."

===========
BishGada wrote:(OOC: Being Magnus apprentice, any chance Tulbas knows his arsenal of spells or part of it?)
He would have seen Magnus cast the following spells before: Magic Missile, Burning Hands, Invisibility, Acid Arrow, Flaming Sphere, Fireball, Lightning Bolt, and Stoneskin.

Magnus likely has other spells beyond these, but Tulbas has never seen him use them.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick follows
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Pen steps out of the room first to check to make sure things are safe. He returns after a few moments. "No sign of any imperials. Coast is clear."

Leaving Kendra and Sadron behind, the party follows Pen through a series of labyrinthine tunnels. The kender's direction seems almost random, yet he walks it with confidence, like he knows where he is going.

After half an hour or so, he leads them to a dead end. Or so it appears, until he points upward. There appears to be a door in the ceiling. "We'll need to push it open to get in," he explains.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"Yeah, and how are we going to do that? Doesn't look like an easy tree to climb."
Veni Vidi Vici
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra lightly struggles against the ropes that bind her mostly because they are extremely uncomfortable, especially when her various wounds. "...You've been here all this time," she finally says.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas keeps staring at Gobax for a moment as the goblin turns his back on him and completely ignores his question. 'Hmmm... Pity. I have thought I could count him as a friend...' As they all follow the kender Tulbas try to speak with Sardon, "I know it is difficult, but try to put yourself in her shoes. Sometime the events just sweep you away and it is hard to struggle against the current." He then continues following the rest.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae, Tulbas and Gobax (Under the Mansion, Sewers)
"Either you or Pen can stand on Miriam's shoulders," William says. "That should let you reach the trap door."

Kendra (Hidden Room, Sewers)
"That's right. Getting out of the city was more difficult than I thought...plus, I had nowhere to go. Without a boat, I can't exactly rejoin my people," Sadron says.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Grubnick's player has been distracted lately, sorry Tulbas ;) ]

[In response to tulbas before walking.]
I didnt notice any discoloration or unusual sparlling, but i don't know Magnus like you do. We were fighting for our lives near a flickering sword of flame so i don'tt know if i would have noticed even if there were some sign. As for the fire protectuon, it isn't perfect, but it lasts a while and greatly lessens the damage from fire.

===

Grubnick readies himself
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Did you all ready know about these people?" Kendra asks.