Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 10: The Tharkadan Towers

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 10: The Tharkadan Towers

Post by Kafen »

Tas looks at Eben and turns back to Raist with a grin. "Can you turn him into a mouse? We could send him out to scout, then. He might be useful, then." Thinking, he blinks and suggests. "Can you change me into a mouse after we slay all the dragons? I bet that would be fun. I've been a dragon. So, I bet that a mouse be wildly different."
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I will go to the East Tower." Sturm says rising, his wounds still causing him pain he moves stiffly towards the Elf, "Laurana, you should stay here, Magpie will watch over you won't you?"

"Riverwind, go to get the Men, avoid fights if you can, take who you want to take with you." The Knight limps forward slowly.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I will stay." Laurana lowers her head and stands beside Elistan, "Thank you for helping me." She adds with a weak smile.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Riverwind goes to Goldmoon and kneels at her feet. Grasping a hand, he looks into her eyes "Bless Me, I know I can do it." he pauses for a bit. He then rises and gives her a swift kiss on the cheek.

"Are you ok to go free the men? You me and Eben?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'll go with the others to get Tanis," Tika says as she looks between Laurana and Eben. She had to admit that walking up to a dragon was pretty stupid, and it didn't provide a distract like Laurana said it would. It just made things a lot worse, but for the time being she kept her mouth shut.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Be careful of Eben, he has done nothing but attempt to undermine Laurana." Tas tells Riverwind in a whisper as he walks up close to his companion. "I would not depend on him for much. He can't be trusted at this point."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Thank you Tas, Magpie.." Laurana comments weakly, moving away from the others, she tries to help all the women reunite with their children.

"Me help?" Magpie asks, grabbing Tas and heading after Laurana. "Big ones mean to Princess, she do the best she can, she help me." She smiles proudly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"It is just you and me then." Sturm comments walking slowly towards the Elf,

"Get the others, return here, and watch out for that Dragon, it sounds like she will be loose soon." He says to the others as the prepare to get Tanis and Flint.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Hmm, I will largely depend on you then," Gilthanas says to Sturm. "I am missing my sword, my bow, and my armor. I have my spells to aid you, but any guards we run into between here and there will prove difficult."

"There is something else," Raistlin says wheezily. "The armies departed not long ago. When they realize what is happening, they will turn back. There are trails to the south we can take through the mountains, but it will only be a matter of hours before the army reorganizes, takes back the stronghold and then pursues us."

"What do you suggest?" Gilthanas asks.

"I found a mechanism to disable the north gate. With it down, the army won't be able to follow us for days, at least. After my group finds Tanis and the dwarf, I can lead them to the mechanism."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Laurana, perhaps you should give your brother the bow." He says to the Elf Maiden, "Hopefully we can get some gear when we get to the East Tower?"

"Agreed, drop the mechanism, hopefully we will be safe for a while." He agrees with Rastlin.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Keep an eye on Eben, too. He has done nothing but try to hinder us." Tas tells the group openly. "We will want to be careful. I don't trust anyone that waits until after a battle to cause dischord in the ranks of his allies. Heck, I'm a kender and I do not find that funny."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Lots of big ones always grumpy at her, she try to help." The Dwarf shrugs giving Eben a glare and heading off with Tas in tow.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Tas, you weren't there," Tika points out with a sigh. "Eben isn't a bad guy, but he is right in this case. I like Laurana, but what she did was downright stupid," she points out. "So yes, it is important to question her leadership abilities if she goes around doing things like that especially when she endangers a bunch of women and children, and us with her actions."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"I don't think you understand." Tas looks at Eben. "He is trying to hurt us for some reason. And, you are silly to fall for his words. Even the elves were more useful! And, that's saying something. Eben has done nothing to help us. The only thing he has done is to divide your loyalties and distract you from the mission which is to save these people." He walks over and waggles his finger in Tika's face. "If you side with him, you are not doing these people any favors." He looks at Tika. "What happened, anyways? You guys tried to sneak past a dragon. Ohhhhhhh, the guy that does nothing but complain thinks it is a bad thing. Did he have a suggestion? No, I was not there, but I know that Eben stood back and did nothing. Now, he blames somebody in order to cause trouble. And, I know trouble as a kender. This man is bad trouble!"

Sighing dramatically, Tas looks at Eben. "You have fooled Tika, but I do not trust you. And, I trust everyone. Even Raist!" He beams cheerfully and looks at the grumpy man. "Even grumpy scary companions that want to turn me into a really cute mouse, it was a mouse I hope, over there knows better than to divide the leadership in the midst of a battle. It's tactically stupid which is kind of fun, but we have to save the people which means that we can't listen to him." Tas turns back to Eben. "If you hurt my friends, I'll put burrrs in your socks for the rest of your life."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Nuke wrote:Riverwind goes to Goldmoon and kneels at her feet. Grasping a hand, he looks into her eyes "Bless Me, I know I can do it." he pauses for a bit. He then rises and gives her a swift kiss on the cheek.

"Are you ok to go free the men? You me and Eben?"
Goldmoon smiles at Riverwind and picks him up. "My blessing you have, though I fear it is mine alone,I have only asked Mishakal for the power to heal today" She kisses him on the front, as a priestess, and follows with a shy kiss on the lips, as a lover in public.

"I will join you to free the men, yes. But first let me see to Sturm, and bind Laurana's wounds."

She turns to the elf maiden and checks her wounds. She asks who dressed them, and if anything needs to be changed, she'll offer Gilthanas to watch her, to teach him. then she will cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Sturm (with all the discussions going on, there should be time for that), restoring 4 HP.
There's more to me than meets the eye...