Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 9: Road to Tu'Valie

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 9: Road to Tu'Valie

Post by Breila »

Ouragana had enjoyed the quiet day, and she helps Andar to set up camp. Before they sleep, she will use cantrips to protect herself and Jocelyn from bugs again.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

After roasting some meat, Val says. "I will stand watch tonight."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros returns to the camp, he spirit is still very low. "Here, we got some more meat. We have food for tomorrow." Then he grabs some roasted meat and eats quietly. "I can take double shift tonight if you still need to recover."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"You should keep your strength, we need your huntig skills" Ouragana says smiling at him, in a clumsy effort to cheer him up.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The party enjoys meat for dinner, including Takit. The following morning, they have more meat for breakfast. What little remains after that is saved for dinner when they make camp. Baeros goes hunting again, but alas, comes up with nothing.

The day after that, they continue on. Baeros goes hunting again, only this time catching a pair of conies. The party eats those, along with what remains of their rations. When dinner ends, they find they no longer have any food at all.

This brings us to today. The party has woken up from their camp, but have nothing to eat for breakfast. Jocelyn creates more water so they can at least have something to drink. The party has now been in the forest for over a week. Jocelyn and Andar are starting to smell just as bad as everyone else (but not as bad as Val, thankfully). Andar calculates they would have made it to Tu'Valie by now, but their slower pace has added a few more days to their journey.

On the bright side, they haven't run into any more giant insects, giant toads, or anything else particularly dangerous.

==========

Ruebon 09, Rockday
Takit regains 1 HP.
Jocelyn regains 1 HP.
Val regains 1 HP.
Baeros is no longer encumbered.
Baeros makes a hunting check with Takit's aid (+2) [15] (1d20): 16, fail. He finds nothing.
The party travels 4 miles in 10 hours at a movement rate of 8.

Ruebon 10, Seaday
Takit regains 1 HP.
Jocelyn regains 1 HP.
Jocelyn is now 'Ripe.'
Andar is now 'Ripe.'
Baeros makes a hunting check with Takit's aid (+2) [15] (1d20): 3, pass. He kills a pair of conies. This will provide 2 meals of meat.
The party travels 4 miles in 10 hours at a movement rate of 8.

It is now Ruebon 11, Soulday at 8 AM.

(OOC: Tu'Valie is still about 13 miles away. Casters can pick new spells.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'm going to need a bath once we get there," Jocelyn mutters. She can smell how bad she is getting, and really she doesn't much like it. It seems she has managed to get use to her life in a temple.

(She will replace the prayers that she used with the same prayers).
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val takes a moment to smell her armpits before saying, "What's the problem, I smell like woman."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

After few days of low spirit and almost no words, hearing Val's comment Baeros suddenly burst into laughter... "That was a good one... Smells like a woman... All the animals smells you from a mile and run away..." He continues to laugh but then tears come to his eyes and even when laughing he seems gloomy.
After several minutes he looks at Andar, "I think we still didn't shared the equipment very good between us. Can you carry Jocelyn waterskins and bedroll? I think that will help her move faster. Also if you can carry Val's waterskins and rope that will help a lot. I think I've no use for my shield. I never used it so far, so Jocelyn choose if you want my shield or yours and I'll carry it for you."
When that is settled Baeros goes on hunting again.

====================================================================================================
Baeros leaves one shield behind (the worst of his and Jocelyn) and if Andar agrees after returning from the hunt, helps him to pack Jocelyn's and Val's stuff so they won't be encumbered.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I think I'm fine with my shield," Jocelyn says as she hands over her bedroll and waterskin to Andar.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn gives Andar her bedroll and waterskin to carry. This makes her feel much lighter and able to move easier.

Baeros and Takit return to the forest in hopes of finding something to eat. However, there isn't much game around in these parts, for some reason. Baeros had noticed that the past few days, finding food had become more and more difficult. But he wasn't sure why. It made sense to assume that the deeper into the forest they went, the more animals they would encounter--not fewer.

They continued walking, when suddenly Takit freezes in his tracks, sniffing the air. Had he caught a scent? Then, up ahead, Baeros hears a rustle in the bushes. A creature emerges slowly, not like anything he had seen before. It appeared to be a snake, but it was covered in multi-colored feathers and flew in the air with large wings. The creature gently moves through the air, seemingly unaware of Baeros or Takit.
Winged Snake.jpg
Winged Snake.jpg (62.49 KiB) Viewed 5249 times
=========

Jocelyn is no longer encumbered. Her movement rate increases to 12.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Is this encounter taking place when Bearos and Takit are hunting, or does the whole group see this?
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros also freezes, moving only his eyes to search for cover. He tries to assess the creature size and direction. If it moves towards the camp I must get there first and warn the others... He thinks to himself. Maybe if I could shoot an arrow in one of it's wings it will slow it down. Or maybe I can distract it...

===================================
Baeros waits for the time he will be obscured from the creature eyes. If it goes in the direction of the company Baeros will throw a branch to the other direction to make noise, and try to get to the company as fast as possible and warn them about the creature. If he will be exposed he will shoot two arrows at the creature wings and try to fight while retreating back to the company, and call for their helps once they are close enough to hear him.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Baeros estimates the creature to be at least 12 feet long. It does not move toward the camp, or anywhere else; it seems content to hover where it is now, sniffing at some flowers in the area.

There is a large tree nearby that could provide Baeros with some cover.

===========

(OOC: I seem to have given you all the impression that Baeros hunts right next to the campsite. This wouldn't be practical; the party's presence would scare off any game. He has to move deeper into the forest to find anything. So to sum up, Baeros isn't anywhere near the campsite. Nobody at the campsite can see the creature.)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I wasn't sure if maybe they had returned empty-handed and the group went on.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros wonders if this creature is sniffing flowers maybe it is not so dangerous. Then again, it is huge... Baeros waits for opportunity that the creature eyes are focused away from him, then tries to move silently (62) towards the cover the tree supply and then to hide in it's shadows (94). As he feels his clumsy attempt fail, he freezes again, hoping the creature haven't heard him.

================================
(OOC: At the first roll I intended to roll 2 x 1d100 in invisible castle, and for some reason it only gave one result, so I made another roll for hiding in shadows. Obviously both failed...)