Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread II)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread II)

Post by Jenara »

Locky returns some minutes later, a downcast look on her face, "Just an idea, something my mother used to say, dead ends lead to new adventures, but in this case, I was wrong." She frowns once more and heads out of the hole. "Where to now?
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka takes her time to tie the staff back to her backpack and to put it on comfortably, shaking her head. That kender was too quick for her. At least, she wasn't in obvious danger where she was. Let the children play...

When Locky returns, she laughs and says "Well, where should we go, except onwards? Lead the way, but don't run!" She follows Locky as usual, her sling ready, her eyes surveying the kender and the passage ahead (she can see twice as far), watching for any changes in the cavern. In particular, she's interested if there are signs of floodings, or high-water marks on the tunnel walls.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I am sorry, the idea just slipped into my head." She leads one skipping lightly infront, her face cheerful, her blonde hair a mass around her head. Her little tune almost echoed by her feet.

She leads on down the tunnel, her brain not fully engaged in how she got here, more connected to the current cavern, and her song. She keeps her eyes on the cavern, looking for traps. [occ: Find Remove Traps :34%]
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard frowns the Kenders actions, he has been trying to do what Bab suggested, but she was making it so hard!

"That Kender!" He mutters to Shay following the Kender and the Gnome, a little dissapointed Locky didn't get a sample of the plant.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The tunnels and caverns in general are fairly moist, due to the stream running through them. However, Babushka finds no evidence of any recent flooding, thankfully. Likewise, Locky does not notice any traps around them.

Continuing further south, they come across another fork. The stream turns east, following a tunnel in that direction. However, another tunnel branches onward to the south, without the stream.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

As the fork comes into view, Babushka says: "Locky, stop! Let the men catch up and decide where we go. Otherwise, they might get bored, and angry with us," just loudly enough so Locky can hear her over her song.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I suppose we should, we don't want them being sad." She smiles, and waits patiently, humming to herself.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard sighs, drawing his sword he stares down the cavern.

"These caverns appears natural, the creatures exist near the streams, perhaps we should go to the south?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"You want to avoid the creatures and explore the caverns first before destroying them? That's fine with me, but we should watch our backs, then.

Locky, do you have your deck of cards ready? You should mark our passage here.

Same marching order?"

If no one objects, they continue south.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I do." She retrives the Joker of Hearts, placing it into a loose gap in the rock. "You know, these Caverns seem to go on and on, you a very lucky I am here, without me you'd be lost..." she smiles quite calmly, taking Bab by the arm she leads on down the cavern. (When Jerrard has finshed talking).

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard shrugs, "They will have to die, of that I am certain, if we do it now or later." He rubs his beard, looking thoughtful, "The dry passage may lead to the end of these caverns, and give us the furthest reaches.." He follows the group as they leave.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The southern, dry tunnel continues south another thirty feet or so, before turning westward. After another forty feet, the tunnel opens into a cavern.

This chamber is lit by glowing moss that hangs from the ceiling in long, frilled strands. Nine trees are growing here, their roots constrained in large earthenware pots. Each tree stands about nine feet tall, and the pots are arranged in three neat rows of three. The floor is grooved, causing channels of water from tunnels to the west and northwest to flow beneath each tree pot, obviously an irrigation system.

A low, angry muttering sound fills the room, but it's difficult to discern where it's coming from. Perhaps an echo from faraway? Or something very close-by?
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

As soon as the cavern comes into view, Babushka holds Locky back by the arm. "Wait! Let's admire the beauty of it all until the men come. And let's listen. Do you understand anything? you've travelled furhter than I have, I think."

(ooc: she's listening hard herself, hear noise 1d100=85)

When Jerrard comes, she asks: "Have you ever seen trees like that?"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard enters the room with a strange look on his face.

The trees are his first concern, "Why would trees be located here? A food source maybe?"

He examines the trees from a distance, trying to ensure no one gets too close to them. [ooc: Plant Lore check, 9].

"Locky, I agree with Babuskha, do you hear the voices? Where are they coming from?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ooooo how pretty, do you see the way they swing? I wonder what they are?" Locky looks transfixed by the swinging plants, the trees were so very interesting. She resisted the urge to get closer, the look from Jerrard really didn't make her think it was a good idea.

She listens to the noises, trying to figure out where they were coming from. [Hear Noise, 1d100=32].

"How very strange!"

Borderlands 3 - Navi