Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tree Lords V

Post by Jenara »

Locky gives Imani and Thuskar a knowing nod as she rests, occasionally checking on Jerrard.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"At least Babushka is still out there," Ulster says. "Maybe she can find a way to get us out."

Fikod scoffs. "What can the wee lass do, exactly? Single-handedly fight through the guards, including the draconians? Nay, she was right to abandon us when she had the chance. If she has any wits at all, she'll forget about us and move on with her life."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Seeing that she's not really any wiser than before, Babushka looks for a building that looks like a little-used barn and tries to carefully sneak in, making herself a bed for the rest of the night in a dark corner, preferrably covered by what's kept in there.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I don't know, Fikod might be right," Imani says to Ulster. "And if that is the case, we need to find a way to get out of here. I can't just sit around like this."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"She won't have left us." Locky replies rather forcefully, "Let me help Jerrard and Thuskar and see these nobles. Then we can try to get out of here." the little Kender looks up, her eyes glinting.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Babushka manages to find a small barn containing a couple of sleeping griffons (marked as the building just left of building 10). She manages to climb up to the hayloft and make herself a little bed to sleep for the night, hoping for better luck in the morning.

That night, the prisoners are given food and water. Babushka, however, must sleep on an empty stomach.

The following morning, when the sun rises, the party wakes up and Locky begins praying immediately. After just over an hour, she has received her new prayers. Jerrard, however, is unable to study as his spellbook was confiscated.

=========

It is now Summer End 14, 350 AC at Third Watch (9AM).
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani begins searching the cell for weaknesses that could possibly be a way for them to escape from their prison.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka stays wehre she is, hoping to see or at least hear the people taking care of the griffons. Can she tell if they're true elves or draconians?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Dungeon
While Jerrard and Thuskar patiently wait for Locky to dispel the curses upon them, Imani searches the cell for some means of escape. Malika shakes her head. "I doubt you'll find anything, I've searched up and down this place for days now."

There are no windows or portholes, as the place is underground. The only way in or out is through the locked door, and beyond that, the hallway leading to the stairs up to the ground floor, which is patrolled by draconians.

Hayloft
Babushka remains hidden and quiet, secretly observing the two elven farmhands that enter and start feeding the griffons chunks of meat of some kind. They go about their business, speaking to each other casually in the elven tongue. Sadly, Babushka doesn't know that language, so she can't suss out what they are saying exactly. If they are secretly draconians, they are doing a great job of maintaining the act.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(finally had time to sit down and read the spell. I'm assuming the 30ft cube would affect them both? You seem to know what the deal is, so I'll leave you with the maths!)

Locky quietly calls on Paladine asking for his aid to help her friends.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Then the only other option that I can think of is to somehow get the guards to open the door, then overtake them when they are least expecting it," Imani says.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When the farmhands have left, Babushka comes out of hiding. She hopes to find some of the food stores. Even though raw meat is not a favourite food, and she doesn't want to steal, she knows she needs something to eat. She'll retreat to her hiding place as soon as possible.

Thinking about her options, she believes that her only chance is to find someone who is not a disguised draconian and resents the rule those folks have over the village. Of course, it's a huge hindrance that she doesn't understand Elven. And unfortunately, her observation of the village the day and night before have not pointed her to anyone who could be of use.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Dungeon
Locky prays to Paladine, asking him to remove the spell effects on her two friends. Locky's own power clashes with that of the bozaks who originally cast the spells, but the kender proves the stronger. Slowly, Thuskar's vision returns, blurry at first, but then soon he can see as clear as he could before. Likewise, Jerrard can begin to hear muffled noises, but after a few moments, his hearing is clear once more.

Thuskar looks at his hands, blinking. He sighs in relief. "Thanks," he says.

In the distance, the sound of footsteps can be heard. They seem to be approaching.

Hayloft
Babushka manages to snag some raw meat from the animal's stores and return to the hayloft. She forces herself to choke it down, and can only hope she can keep it down at least until she finds something more palpable.

==============

Locky casts Dispel Magic on Thuskar and Jerrard [9+] (1d20): 14, pass. Jerrard is no longer deaf, Thuskar is no longer blind.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani looks through the little hole in the door to see who is approaching.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Imani peeks through the grate on the door and sees half a dozen bozak draconians approaching.