Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread I)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread)

Post by Jenara »

Locky Smiles, thinking out loud "You know, if we tied a rope to one of those stalagtites.... then if we need to get back up we could. Say the moss is really pretty, do you think they grew it to get down?" She's not sure who They are, but its all been fun so far!

[ooc]Caution? Hehehe... Don't worry She'll be cautious when the situation demands it, but we have to work on our communication...[/ooc]
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"You know. Locky, I think you're right. That looks like it was grown to help creatures to get up and down. After all, very few of us have wings, do we?" Babushka chuckles.

[ooc: Do I get it right: it's one of the stalactites that grow down from the ceiling that's strong enough to support us, not one of the stalagmites that grow up from the floor? It's a lot more difficult to tie a rope securely to a stalactite! /ooc]

"You know what, let's first try how difficult it is to get down and up a short way on this growth. I don't know how much rope we have, and if we leave some of it here, everybody of the inhabitants will know someone has been here."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Wouldn't life with wings be fun? Imagine all the things you could do?" She giggles, investigating the fungus again. "I have lots of rope...." Without stopping talking she reaches into her backpack, eventually producing a huge length of rope, much bigger than her.

"I'm going to take a look, I'm the bette climber.."
With that she begins to climb slowly
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

With half an eye on Locky's progress, Babushka looks for the map Locky has drawn previously (it's presumably lying around somewhere) and examines it. If it is incomplete in her eyes, she'll call out: "Listen. Locky, there are a few things I'd like to add to your map. May I ?"

From time to time, she'll cast a look down into the cavern and back to where they came from, checking for signs of creatures approaching.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky climbs down the fungus ladder, finding it quite easy to do so. In moments, she has reached the bottom of the waterfall which forms into a small pool then streams outward in a southeastern direction.

Shay lights his lantern and straps to his belt before proceeding down after the kender, although he is much more cautious.

The pair are now in a vast chamber that extends into the darkness, echoing with the sound of the waterfall plunging down to the streambed. Drops of water fall occasionally from the stalactites above, glittering in the light of Shay's lantern.

"This stream has gotta go somewhere, I suppose," Shay says, holding his lantern aloft.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Its great down here, you shpold join us!" Locky shouts up the cavern at Bab.

"Well... Its my map, but you can add to it, because how will we get back?" Bab will find the map is quite basic, many lines, but it shows the details... "If we need a bigger map, I have lots of spare paper, somewhere..."

She watches her back, as she shout upwards (she may be rash, but she isn't stupid).

Turning back to the cavern she stays away from Shay's torch and stares down with her infravision. (what does she see?)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I'm coming, just packing the map and assorted things, so we have everything with us!" Babushka shouts down. She surveys the place, puts anything of theirs that is lying around in her backpack and uses the "vegetal ladder" to the cavern below. She then joins Locky and Shay.

"Listen, Shay, the light you need gives us away to anyone down here. Do you have a blind or something that reduces the light? My idea is that you use just enough light not to stumble. This way, Locky and I can see farther ahead and we don't give away our approach as easily. Locky seems to want to go first, I can follow at a distance where I see her well and you follow me.

Oh, and before we follow the stream, we should look where the pipe leads. Someone has built it, and I don't like the idea of having them in our backs."
She looks up at the pipe and follows it with her eyes, including infravision.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Shay adjusts his hooded lantern and remains far in the back, so his light doesn't interfere with the infravision of the Greygem races.

The aforementioned pipe follows the stream to the southeast. There, flanking the exit of this chamber on either side, are two extraordinarily ugly plants, each hanging from the cave ceiling as if growing directly from the stone. The pipe seems to be watering them gently.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

While the ugly plants would REALLY interest Locky, she hasn't seen them as she's looking down the cavern.

"I'll lead the way! Gosh, Isn't this exciting?" She mutters, grasping her hoopak in both hands.

Scampering on, at a slow, quiet pace [ooc]Move silently roll 34[/ooc] she keeps herself hidden as best as she can [ooc]Hide in Shadows 67[/ooc].

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka asks Shay to act as rear guard, then follows Locky at a distance, closing in as they approach the exit. As the waterfall is quite noisy, she takes no trouble moving silently, but she too will try to hide in the shadows. 2d10=6
[ooc: sorry, didn't find out how to roll percentile dice, can we read this as 24? /ooc]

When she realizes Locky hasn't seen the plants, she'll call out: "Locky, watch out! There are strange plants growing down from the ceiling!"

She'll then come up to examine the plants.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

As Locky steps under the strange plants, Babushka shouts out to the kender. As if in response, the two plants suddenly lash out at Locky with their strange slime-covered tendrils. Instinct kicks in at the last second and Locky ducks to avoid the first attack, but the second one catches her off-guard. This doesn't harm her at all, but strangely the tendril remains stuck to the kender as if covered in glue.

Plant 01 attacks Locky. (1d20): 4. Miss.
Plant 02 attacks Locky. (1d20): 17. Hit.

(OOC: We are now in combat mode and will be posting in rounds. The PCs are free now to state their actions and roll.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

[ooc]For some reason I thought the pipe, and the plants were the other way... Hence the reason she didn't stop... [/ooc]

"How strange!" She mutters.

Locky Hoopak in her hands she strikes the plant with all her might, hoping it dislodges her she'll attempt to roll backwards.

(Roll 17 for attack, 5 damage, roll 4 for tumbling proficency check (next round)[/ooc]

[ooc]Invisible Castle doesn't seem to work on PDA... Used Padnds roller, all results emailed .[/ooc]

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka takes her staff and attempts to push the tendrils of plant 01 towards the cave wall, out of the way. She hopes she or Shay can then deal with the plant that sticks to Locky.

1d20=8
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

(ooc: Can I assume I have met the Cleric Hilda?)

Jerrard enters the Cavern, his eyes adjusting to the lack of light, speaking a few words of magic he opens his palm producing a small ball of flame.

Using the ball of flame as a small light source he walks to the "Plant ladder" and stops to identify it. (Plant lore check, Roll 1d20=7).

(What sort of plant is it?)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

JadedDM wrote:
The aforementioned pipe follows the stream to the southeast
Jenara wrote:
[ooc]For some reason I thought the pipe, and the plants were the other way... Hence the reason she didn't stop... [/ooc]
(ooc: @ Jenara: An aquaintance of mine says in similar situations: "Those who can read do have an advantage" :wink: /ooc)