Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 2: The Search for More Money

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 2: The Search for More Money

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed." Arei replies.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"Hmm, I wonder what would happen if the birdmen were to learn that they didn't appreciate our peaceful methods." Dahn wanders out loud with a mischievous grin.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I do wonder. I think Tia was right, they couldn't find their own backsides if they were sitting on it." Moving away slowly still she watches for the others, "We should sell this, I have some business to attend to, some solo work as it were."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Jenara wrote:"I do wonder. I think Tia was right, they couldn't find their own backsides if they were sitting on it." Moving away slowly still she watches for the others, "We should sell this, I have some business to attend to, some solo work as it were."
"I agree, but just not here." Val reaches down to her left hip and bounces her purse. "We need big city."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We need money, we need it soon, the price I was offered was fair." She gives Val a reassuring pat on the shoulder, "We will get what it is worth." Placing the statue back in her pouch she waits.

(OOC: Brelia is away till Friday, I am happy to wait, or I am sure she wouldn't mind us moving on)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

It's up to you, it's not like we're in the middle of a battle or something, so I'd say move on.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Come lets go sell this." moving towards the Gnome's shop she walks with Grey, "The badges are gone, your name please good sir?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The jewelry shop is quite close to the keep, so it's not a long walk at all. After pushing open the front door, a small bell rings overhead.

"Coming, coming," Hubert says as he steps out from behind a curtain leading to the backroom. He skids to a halt and his smile falls when he sees Areilon. "Oh. It's you again," he says dismissively. "What is it now?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yes.. It is me again." Arei lowers her head, averting her gaze. "I need to say I'm sorry once more."

"And." She reaches for her pouch producing the statue. "Are you still interested in this? I wanted to hold onto it yesterday for personal reasons, I had every intention to sell it to you." She holds the statue tight in her grasp, "We are told it is very old, very old indeed."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Oh, yes. That old thing," Hubert says. His eyes flicker to the other party members with bored indifference, then focus back on Areilon and the artifact. "As I said before, I'll give you 1,200 gold pieces. A most generous offer, I would think."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yes the offer is generous, although less than it is worth, I would think." She looks at him with hopeful eyes, she really did like the Gnome, he was rather fun, if a little stuffy.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Removing a key from under his shirt, Hubert heads behind the counter and unlocks a very large chest. It takes time for him to count out the coins, but he eventually deposits all 1,200 gold pieces on the counter. "There, that's all of them. Feel free to count them yourselves, if you like."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana is still very much in thought about what difference it made to the wardens if the bird people were called another tribe or another nation... her mind is so preoccupied that she has nothing to contribute to the current conversation. Also, she has no real idea about the monetary value of the statue.

However, once Hubert starts counting the coins out, she concentrates on counting them with him. "I have counted with you, the count is right" she says simply.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Thank you." She says with a smile, "Thank you very much." Placing the statue on the counter she waits to see it anyone disagrees.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Breila wrote:Ouragana is still very much in thought about what difference it made to the wardens if the bird people were called another tribe or another nation... her mind is so preoccupied that she has nothing to contribute to the current conversation. Also, she has no real idea about the monetary value of the statue.

However, once Hubert starts counting the coins out, she concentrates on counting them with him. "I have counted with you, the count is right" she says simply.

(OOC: me neither, chances are I'd screw it up)