2e game set in the Forgotten Realms, using the Doom of Daggerdale module

Moderator: NoTrammeling

NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Dagger Falls

Post by NoTrammeling »

The Longleague nods politely down at Eringard, dismounting from Cloud so that he can lead the girls through the rock-strewn path to the ruins. "No fear, miss Troy, I'm sure you'll teach him trust with that wit of yours or the point of that sword." He chuckles, then almost falls as he stumbles carlessly over a camouflaged stone. "Have a care!"

Meanwhile Gimak and Raina find a stone trough that's still standing and holding water near a series of iron loops in the keep's wall, which they tie their mounts to. From the horse leavings strewn about the area it becomes clear that this place is still used from time to time. There's even a well that was impossible to see from a distance standing some ten paces to the side of the keep's main doorway.

Stepping into the darkness they find themselves in a paved rectangular antechamber with doors that exit to the right and to the left, though the left doorway is covered in rubble. The remains of a small fire lay in the northwest corner, and bits of the keep's greyish stone litter the floor.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When Eringard comes within the walls, she places the gathered lavender where she can retrieve it easily, then ties her mount next to Gimak's and Raina's and waits for the scouts' all clear, looking around to see what's left of the castle and if there are any potential hiding places.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

As the left door is blocked by rubble, Gimak turns to the right and steps through it, drawing his crossbow and loading a bolt into it, just in case. He gestures for the rogues to follow him.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Perhaps, I hope trust will come with time." She says as she ties Fleet to the trough. "I wonder what he expects to find in there?" She adds, leaving her blade in its scabbard.

"Regardless.." she walks into the keep sticking in front of Eringard.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Raina pulls out her bow, and follows after Gimak as quietly as possible.
onlie2005
Peasant
Peasant

Post by onlie2005 »

Maria patiently waits for the others to return. She is mostly keeping silent and keeping alert, although she is somewhat anxious and impatient. Her stomach was now growling and she needed to eat so she began eating some of her rations.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Gimak and the thieves follow the right-hand doorway into a dark corridor wide enough for two to walk abreast. The wall on your right is dotted by arrowslits throwing bars of light into the dusty passage at three-pace intervals. There is a large chunk of the wall missing at the end of the hallway, it must face West because you turn into the passage just in time to see the last of the dying sun disappear behind the distant Desertsmouth range. The two girls follow silently behind Gimak who rattles, clinks, and steps along.

Ahead of you the passageway turns a corner to the left, where you can see the beginnings of a spiraling staircase. About 2/3 of the way down the passage there is a door opening into a huge room covered by debris in the form of blackened and rotting timbers, hunks of old stone, bits of cloth, pieces of furniture, and refuse. Looking up you can barely make out the very top of the keep, all of the floors must have collapsed in what appears to have been a fire.

The sulfurous scent of bat guano makes your eyes water, though someone has seen fit to clear a large circular portion of the room some twenty paces in diameter. There are no obvious signs of habitation in this room.

Meanwhile Eringard, Elianna, Jain, (and Maria?), head for the keep. Do they head into the keep/passage behind the others?

(1 pace = 1 meter = ~3 feet)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Let us stay here and wait for the scout's all-clear before entering the keep" Eringard suggests. Then she faces the sunset and holds her arms out in a gesture of prayer.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Perhaps that is best. I am probably a better scout than most of them, but I will let them go ahead." Waiting by the gate she stops a moment. "I will check the perimeter."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Ugh," Raina says, wrinkling her nose as she takes in the room. "Stinks in here, but I'm not seeing anything really dangerous. What about you two?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gimak looks up the stairs, squinting a bit. "Yeah, looks clear. And we could probably set up a small camp in this cleared out area here," he says. "We best go tell the others, looks like we don't have much sunlight left."

He starts to head back to the entrance.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Does Elianna wish to scout the outside perimeter of the keep?

Meanwhile Gimak (and the girls?) return to the entreway unmolested, though a rat skitters across the open space of the clearing as they pass by.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Noticing the women at the entrance, Gimak says. "All clear inside. Looks like most of the second and third floor caved in, long ago. And most of the rooms down here are filled with rubble and debris. There's a cleaned up area, though. Probably what most passersby use as a campsite. Should even be able to start a fire, as the smoke will go right through what's left of the ceiling."

He looks around. "Wait, a minute. Where'd the elf go?" he asks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Yes, she will do so alone, left before Gimak returns)

"Wait here, I will be back in a moment." Drawing her blade, the runes reflecting the fading sunlight as she moves slowly.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(She is gone before he arrived)

Borderlands 3 - Navi