Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 4: "Descent into Darkness" (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 4: "Descent into Darkness" (Game Thread)

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros loses interest pretty quickly, since there isn't anything shiny. He will start to meander to a random cave opening.

====================================
Cross sticks around the larger group of people. Knowing safety in numbers.... usually.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"The soul, or spirit, has long sonce departed and has no concern over these remains," pronounces Jerry. "We should leave this alone. Stirring up the spite of this place would be a poor choice."
She takes a momenet to recite a Mystran prayer for the departed.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

"Nothing then to tell who this soul may have been... Perhaps it is best that way. It was just as likely someone who fell victim to the same mists that brought us all to this world. Even if we knew everything of a lost soul, there would be no way to pass the word onto those closest to them." Pytor sullenly turns from the scene... "My people's ways and code are all but useless here it seems. Just like my uncle's songs of our forebearers will never be heard by the tribe again and will perish with me somewhere in this land." Following Pyros back to the group, Pytor speaks. "It's all for naught. Let's get it on with then. Each day and night brings us closer to what will be."
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Elsa visibly deflates, then nods sadly, casting eyes back at the remains even as she moves away. Maybe... after we find who is responsible... she murmurs quietly.

Bored with the inactivity of the skeleton, Pyros wanders off towards one of the caverns. The narrow slit in the baked-mud canyon delves down into the earth in a claustrophobic looking natural configuration, passing easily out of sight through the twists and turns in the blackness...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I know, everything in this place feels like its trying to kill us. I just want to get out of here." Mira's hand clasps Elsa's shoulder, "We will find who is responsible, and they will pay for this." She nudges her slightly, "You better catch up with your Pyros, before he gets himself into trouble." And then he vanishes. "And. He's gone." Grabbing the Halflings hand she darts off in his direction. "Secure the horses, we need to go in after him. Cross, could Fenrir watch over them for us? I'm guessing he won't go inside the cave?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"It is most unlikely he will follow yes."

"Watch over the cave as we are inside. Tell me if anyone approaches. Especially those with death on their face."

===================================
Pyros is at the mercy of the GM. He will enter cautiously, but curiously.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

As the rogue pushes farther through the slender crack in the sun-burnt walls of the canyon, he soon discover that it widens into a dangerous looking passage. The air is dark and dry, with dust drifting up from every footstep; scratching at unprotected eyes and lungs. The passage ends in a jagged cave opening with two long stalactites near the entrance that give the impression of a cruel, fanged mouth opening wide to bite. The ground seems to have been stained here by some dark fluid...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry waits with Merrick, patient but alert.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Well Hello!" Pyros whispers. He will get closer to the fluid while making sure nothing else is around. He promises himself he will go back to the group after checking the fluid.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Pyros investigates and finds whatever stained the ground here left a reddish brown residue; as by wine... or blood
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros will try a smell, then a taste to see if he can tell what it is.
Cautiously listening.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira enters the cave just after Pyros, all but dragging Elsa (no she doesn't wait for the warriors).
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Pray tell me? Does she do this often? Charge inside without care or consideration?" Karl asks as he dismounts, moving Bayard as far away from the ominous looking sacrifice. "I believe leaving the body is a bad choice. But.." he falls silent, focusing his attention on the horse.

"Guard the way well." He whispers to the mount, collectng all but the lance as he draws his blade, ready at least for now yo follow the strange Redheaded woman
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Often, yes, but not always," answers Jerry. "Mostly, I think, it's in trying to look after the halfling."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The red-bearded ranger smirks at the Knights comment, as he draws his sword. Consantly. Adrestia situates her own horse, and prepares her weapons. Merrick follows next to Jerry, outwardly calm; though his fingers twitch frequently towards his component pouch. Adran stands near the rear, prepares to follow last.

The Kender moves closer to inspect the discolored patch. The long since dried stain doesn't have much of an odor remaining. A small taste brings the muddy flavor of clay and a hint of something else almost metallic...