Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion I

Post by Jenara »

"Ok, well I was going to check the big bird again..." Locky grins, glancing at the door, "But I think I'll stay with you, thank you." With that she moves herself to Jerrard's right side, her little blonde topknot bouncing as she moves.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani watches the the mage, gnome, and kender for a few moments before shaking her head. "You three are a little strange," she says as she makes her way out of the Khan's room to finish the things she needs to finish before heading off into the desert.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard simply shrugs at the comment and follows Imani.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky makes a frowny face, and glances at Imani. "We have just been through a lot, see there was this one time, and Babuskha got bitten by this huge spider.." she rambles as they go.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani leads the small group towards an area in which they can exit. "I trust you can find your way back to the inn. As I said, I'll meet all of you there, as there is something I must take care of before I leave," she says.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Once they leave the Khan's palace, Babushka comes out from Jerrard's cloak. "Thank you" she says, smiling up at him. "I can breathe easier here. A little." Nevertheless, she stays close to Jerrard as they walk back to the inn.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Very well, we will meet you shortly." Jerrard responds to Imani with a smile, stroking his black beard he turns away, heading back to the inn.

(Direction sense check: 1d20=5 pass)

"What do you make of that?" He asks the Gnome when they are a suitable distance from the Palace, "It was not what I expected." Turning his head he glances at Ulster. "Come, let us rejoin Thurskar, you were quiet there, is anything troubling you?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky bounces along near Jerrard, her eyes glancing all around.
(do any stalls look interesting as they walk?)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka sighs. "I guess I will never understand what makes people powerful. And how people can enjoy hurting others." She shudders. "And honestly, I don't know if »rescuing« that woman actually makes her better off. If we trust Imani, what she is in for is worse than what we saw, but that's not nice either."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"It is a matter of Culture. Here I assume Leaders, people of Power abuse it to their own ends. No Leader of my people would dare commit such acts of Cruelty." He keeps his voice low, so no one can over hear them.

"As for Imani. Does it not seem strange that the Khan would send another of his Wives into the clutches of such men? No she has more to her story than this, I intend to find out what it is." He walks silently for a few moments, thinking, before adding "We have not been given all of the story, not even close I fear."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I agree, we have been given next to nothing. But to be honest, just about anything that gets me out of this town will suit me." Babushka looks up at Jerrard, even manages a smile.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"You will have to come to Palanthas, then you will see a City that makes you feel at home." Jerrard smiles back, ruffling the Gnomes Hair. "Come lets go to the Inn." Jerrard (hopefully) leads the Party back to the Inn. Keeping an eye on Locky he ponders Ulsters strange reaction.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"That must be a very unusual city then, to make me feel at home" Babushka answers. "Well then, I have something to look forward to, when we finish this."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Imani goes to tend to something private while the others return to the inn and find Thuskar, who is a tad annoyed at having been left behind. However, his attitude changes quickly when they fill him on their new quest. Eager to earn his pay, Thuskar is completely on board with saving the lost princess.

Imani meets back up with them shortly after, having made arrangements for Wittchen to stay at the palace stables. While Thuskar delivers her there, Imani helps the others in purchasing supplies and more appropriate clothing for their journey. Many of the merchants turn their nose up at the party, but quickly change their tune upon seeing they are with one of the Khan's wives. Because of this, the party gets a good deal.

A couple of hours later, and everything is ready. The sun has passed its apex, meaning that they won't have to travel during the worst of the sweltering heat, at least. Locky, Babushka, Jerrard, Dekker, Ulster and Thuskar meet up with Imani and her horse, Artemis, at the edge of town.

"So, you're Imani, huh?" Thuskar asks her. "I mean...Princess? Lady? Err, what's the proper title you go by, anyway?" He shrugs. "In any case, any last minute advice on how to survive out there? Never been in a desert before."

Ulster busies himself with Dekker, making sure the donkey's gear is secured, and on occasion, tosses a forlorn look Imani's way.

=========

It is now Ninth Watch (3 PM).
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani busies herself with her horse as Thurskar speaks to her. She doesn't look him directly in the eyes as if she is nervous to do so. "Most around here just call me Princess," she explains. "But as we are going to be traveling together, all of you can call me Imani."

"Last minute advice...make sure to stay as cool as possible. I hope you have a lot of water because you are probably going to need it. Staying cool is going to be hard with armor on."