Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

** Part I: Fire and Ash **

Spike's homebrew 1st edition AD&D world.

Moderator: spike

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: ** Part I: Fire and Ash **

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: so if the commander and an orc are in melee and I shoot at the orc there is no risk of hitting the commander unless I fumble? Just checking to be certain because it is very different in 2e]
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Correct, and even if you did fumble, odds are remote it would hit actual commander.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. Now back to our regularly scheduled ambush :) Didn't want to change the action for rnd 2, just get info]
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Map of the current battle
Attachments
Battle map - Elven Ruins
Battle map - Elven Ruins
battle.png (2.88 MiB) Viewed 7432 times
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: cool map, thanks :)]
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Thanks, what's your character going to do for ROUND 2?

NYRA begins spraying holy water tward all soldiers and yourself, as the water strikes you you felt heat flood in your being and a beautiful pulsating white light enveloped your form briefly, when it subsided you felt righteous (blessed).

The COMMANDER snarls 'HAVE AT THEE!!!!!!' with a hard delivery cuts off the head of Black Orc #2 in a brutal strike with his two handed sword. The orc's head goes flying and trips up an orc who steps on the rolling head. (orc fails dex check)

The guards have bad luck delivering their attacks succesfully against the orcs.

What does Idryss do?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: Posted that on the 26th, haven't changed actions]
TristenC wrote:[Ooc: hubba hubba! Sorry :lol:
Aaah, lvl 1... where you're always 1 good hit away from an early grave :D. Is there a melee map si I don't end up accidentally provoking attacks of opportunity?]

Let's make our way towards the priestess, so we can hold as a group! Idrys calls to the commander, as he drops the rapidly heating longsword and draws his dirk in the now-free hand. He cuts with each weapon at the injured hobgoblin before withdrawing cautiously towards the priestess' position

[Ooc: by the way, what are your rules for firing into melee?]
Longsword: Thac0 16, 1d8+4 dmg
Dirk (dagger): Thac0 19, 1d4+1 dmg?
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Idrys's longsword evicerates the Hobgoblin? with a well executed slash ( -7hp dmg) the Hogbolin was grinning at you, 'that tickled' it spat sarcastically. The Hobgoblin seized you by the throat with its black clawed hand and you felt a numbing chill permeate through your body, freezing up your limbs entirely (save vs. spells: failed)

HOBGOBLIN #2 flung a pair of S shaped daggers at you, they slash across your neck in a circular pattern and twirl through the air, returning to its grasp like a pair of hellicopter propellers. 'Heh heh, real hero that one' it muttered, laughing.

YOU BLACKED OUT, unconscious. You have a vivid dream. It's a lucid dream you realize, you're able to actually do things within this dream.

You're in a dark corridor of a castle, somewhere. Ahead four masked men come chasing after you, with metal rods in their hand most of them dual wielding these and the second pair are using chains as their weapons.

The first masked one comes at you with a flurry of blows, you counter them with your twirling swords easily blocking both with one and delivering a killing blow. He throw him out the window.

Just then, the second masked 'woman' hurls a rod that twirled and struck you hard on the side of your head, sending you flying out the window. The third masked foe wraps a chain aroud your neck before you fall and lefts you up toward himself 'you pathetic worm! Do you think you could interfere with the children of he who must be set free? You insignificant fool!' the man lifted you up effortlessly and sent you flying into the wal. 'You should be serving the coming dark, dhampir! Not fighting it!'

It was then that you stirred awake with a start. You were lying in a plush bed, in a comfortable furnished clean looking room. It had a bed, a table with a water basin, and your equipment was spread out on a wooden bench. The shutters appeared to be closed. There was a note on top of your equipment:

Idryss,

We left you in a room to recover from the battle. My apologies for parting so abruptly, I've been summoned for an important mission that requires my immediate attention. The cadre of orcs that attacked us were sent by a cruel man mage named Dendar who seeks to force my hand in marriage (enslavement really). Be well! If you should seek me you may find me at the Holy Blanket Inn in Lor's temple district.

Your friend,

Nyssa

You heard a knocking at the door, when a buxom raven haired girl boldly steps into the room, scantily clad and heavily scented. She smiled at you affectionately and said 'ah, you're up. Your friends paid me to keep watch over you and tend to your...bodily needs. I tend to find a good ole sport fucking heals the body far faster than herbs and magic' she says, her hands groping you seductively.

DECISION
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: note to self, start using the bow more often... Poor Idrys keepa getting knocked out :lol:
Wait, now I'm really confused. During the carriage ride the meeting at Boarshead was supposedly 'in five hours', then we camped? Did he miss the meeting or is it 'postponed' until the other pcs get set? I just don't want Idrys to miss it.]

Idrys fends her off deftly, head still swimming with images of Nyssa and blurs of combat; both memory and imagined. The scent of the woman's perfume fails to entice him, but the smell of quickened blood pulsing through her veins as she reaches for him pulls at his core... Bodily needs... oh, if she only knew... Shaking himself from the red haze that threatened to drag him howling into a blood-frenzy, he spoke firmly. What I need is a drink. Gathering his things he throws open the shutters to get his bearings. (Time and location)

[Ooc: By the way, I saw Belladonna in the equipment list in the PHB. Something I can acquire?]
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

[yes, but it doesn't really ward off vampires in my world :/]

After Idrys was taken out during the battle (reduced to -2 by the two Hobgoblin looking beings), you find yourself in the present room, Nyssa must have tended your wounds and left you here while you were unconscious. You discover the time for the intended secret meeting is two and a half hours from now approximately (you gauge the time from the position of the twin suns, something Baraan taught you)

The brunette woman scoffed, 'hmph, too good for me eh? You don't know what you're missing...tsk tsk, I was looking forward to breaking you.' she said laughing. 'Ah I see, you must little boys is that it?' she chuckles, trying to remove your underclothes, 'don't resist, I know men can't last more than a few days without some release!' she pulls down your pants and grins lustfully 'hells bells you have a pretty cock!' she chortled, laughing she poured her wine on your manhood.

The whores scent and her flesh causes your fangs to grow a little, and you see into the room mirror your eyes briefly flash with a preternatural light.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: meant more for the toxic qualities ;)
Does drinking blood regain hitpoints, or just loosing them to bleeding causes bloodlust?]

Idrys quickly determines he has some time before his meeting, ignoring the woman's verbal jibes. Still she persists, tugging at his clothes. Slowly he closes the shutters just as the harlot 'frees' his body from the garment, making her lewd observations. The aroma of spilled wine mixes with the heady scent of her blood as she grows more excited about the task at hand. Yes... release... he murmurs quietly as she begins to carefully clean up the red liquid. Gripping her neck firmly with his powerful hands he raises her up to stand face-to-face with him, blood-red eyes burning into hers. Sharp, glass-like fingernails drawing droplets of blood along her throat. He practically quivered with hunger. Slowly his blood-red lips parted and he allowed his fangs to fully descend where she could see them. Perhaps I will have that drink... his voice hissed like the whisper of a drawn blade. What do you say to that? He asks, maintaining his grip with one hand. Razor-sharp nails dug into her throat so she'd likely tear it open herself if she so much as twitched or shouted; hardly leaving room for her to respond in the hoarsest whisper. Slowly he licked the blood from his now-free left nails, a thrill shooting through him at the taste. Only through Bortaan's constant teaching and discipline was he able to keep himself from tearing her apart as he waited for her answer.

[Ooc: Not sure what the official 'rating' for this site is, but we might not want to get too graphic outside of hidden threads or PMs]
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

OOC: you don't get vampiric regeneration, yet :)

The woman's face went stone blank for a moment, then she cried out 'Marvelous! That was splendid! Bravo!!! You really ARE a master! The fangs, the eyes, my goodness Nyra said you were a thespian she never mentioned you were a master!' she laughed excitedly giggling wildly. 'I only begun at the actors guild, I'm not that great really. I've so much to learn from you!'.

Meanwhile you heard some commotion out in front of the Inn. Peering through one of the shutters you see what appears to be twenty gray skinned, horrific looking men, women and children advancing on a family of farmers (six in all) who have pitchforks raised defensively in front of them. These gray skinned ones sluggishly advanced with their arms raised, moaning and groaning with a sickening groan.

REACTION
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[OOC: Am I on the ground floor or an upper floor? Are the (assumed) zombies close enough to threaten the inn once they are done with the farmers?]

A sardonic grin crosses his face as she mistakes her own tenuous situation. He opens his mouth to answer her with his true intentions when the noise outside catches his attention. Peering through the shutters he maintains his grip on her neck as he evaluates the situation. The key is to never break character, he says off-handedly. Perhaps I can give you some pointers later.

[Waiting for the above info before deciding action regarding the sluggish, grey-skinned ones. Idrys isn't delaying, I'm just making sure I have the details before I determine a course of action]
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

You're on the third floor facing the front of the west side of the Inn.

A moment later, the 'zombies' pause, stop, and remove masks off of their heads and the farmers drop their pitch-forks. One of these zombies cries out 'that was great work everyone, let's call it a night. Time for some much needed ale!'
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

More actors... Idrys says wryly, shaking his head. Turning back to the girl still caught in his grip a wicked grin spreads across his face. All the excitement and anticipation had been building... the apparent threat to the inn adding its own spark to his blood. Try this, he whispered, The damsel in distress caught in the unrelenting grasp of an evil predator... Blood-red lips parted slowly as he crossed one fang with his tounge. Play off your partner's intent and energy... feel the terror... give yourself over to the raw emotion. He snatches up the back of her head hard with his left, digging his nails into her scalp. Finally he sinks his glistening fangs into her neck with inhuman speed and precision. Drinking deeply of her vital fluid he drains her to the very brink of her passing out, changing his grip to hold her shoulders and waist. So she can neither fall nor flee.