[OT] Online games - what are YOU playing?

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

[OT] Online games - what are YOU playing?

Post by Stik »

I enjoy playing online video games, and thought it might be fun to share some of the ones I've found.

My go-to game, which I find myself playing daily, is Blueprint Billiards. It's video 9-Ball against eight progressively harder computer opponents. My daily challenge is to get through all eight in a row without a loss. I've managed it a few times, but it is not easy.

I found another fun two weeks ago called Phage Wars, and then moved onto the sequel Phage Wars 2 last week.
The premise is a bit strange: you control a virus, competing with other viruses to control a petri dish. It's basically a real-time tactical game where you manage your "troops" and take territory. Phage Wars 2 adds a new feature: you gain various new genes with each victory which are used to customize your virus' abilities to fit your style of play. The right combination of genes can give you a huge advantage.

So, check these out, and if you have any games you enjoy, please post a link in this thread.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
agamotto
Peasant
Peasant

Re: [OT] Online games - what are YOU playing?

Post by agamotto »

One of my personal favorites is runescape. It's an RPG with a big world to explore, skills to master, and lots of quests to do. It also has a PvP area and lots of monsters to slay.
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Re: [OT] Online games - what are YOU playing?

Post by Stik »

Found a few more fun games in the past few weeks.

Billiard Blitz Hustle - This time it's 8-Ball instead of 9-Ball, but it's still a lot of fun. The opponents are better, but the aiming guide works better, so it's still a pretty fair match.

And I found this one just the other night, and have been playing it on and off all weekend:
Cursed Winds - A 2d overhead view naval battle set in the 1700s. Defeat enemy ships to gain gold to buy upgrades to make your ship better at defeating enemy ships to gain gold to buy upgrades to.....you get the idea.
"No matter where you go, there you are."